Meet our sponsors – an interview with Sue Lee, Managing Director of Morton Michel
3rd September 2018
Share this entry:
- Firstly, what drew you towards working in the childcare/early years sector?
It was the fact that it is real life – everyone relies on childcare to some degree and the economy depends on it for getting people back into work. Now I am in it, I love it. The people in the sector are brilliant to work with.
- What do you enjoy most about your job, and how long have you been doing it for?
I have been MD of Morton Michel for 2 years. I have been an MD of an insurance business before, but with MM, there is something special about it – the challenges, the team, the sector!
- What skills would you say are absolutely necessary for an early years/childcare professional?
I understand from people working in the sector and my own personal experience when my children attended a nursery, that the pure love of working with children is absolutely essential. Patience is another necessary skill!
- In your opinion, what should children learn and discover from their time in early years care?
Children should learn to develop at their own pace and hopefully this will be building on what they are learning and discovering at home. There is so much to discover when you are little, so where do you start? Interaction with other children was an important one for me when my children were small.
- How do you think technology will influence the sector over the next 5 years?
I think technology is moving at such a fast pace right now, I believe it can influence different sectors within the economy in so many different ways. Hopefully for the childcare sector, it will enable efficiencies that will give more time for the front line workers to do what they love to do the most – spend more time with the children!
- What is something your business offers that you think more people need to know about?
Absolute value for money with a service delivered by an excellent team who fully understand the sector.
- If you could make one change in the early years sector, what would it be?
More money for the front line staff who do an absolutely fantastic job!
Why attend Childcare Expo?
Join over 2,500 like-minded individuals from the early years sector who are dedicated to improving both practice and their childcare settings.
Attend educational seminars to credit your CPD
Meet the experts to have your questions answered
Receive fantastic onsite offers and discounts
Experience expert-led informative hands-on workshops
Network with peers and industry players
Pick up hundreds of new product ideas and services
And most of all, enjoy a great day out with your colleagues