UK Nannies Matter Campaign | Launch and Introduction
9th June 2020
Share this entry:
Welcome to the UK Nannies Campaign.
A passionate, strong and heartfelt campaign which has been built by us, four leading childcare and education professionals. We believe the Nanny Industry should be recognised and awarded regulation. After working in or alongside the industry for many years, we now believe this to be an imperative move within the Early Years sector. We welcome you on our journey and our success for developing a safer, high-quality and regulated industry.
Have Nannies recognised as professionals by advocating and regulating Nannies in all child-care settings within the United Kingdom.
Set minimum standards to become a professional Nanny, outline a Nanny pay-scale based on continuing education and experience, to encourage policymakers to ensure safe-guarding of children by regulating Nannies, to establish a governing body, and for parents to feel confident about who they employ as their Nanny and to take care of their children within the home setting.
To Advocate Nannies in the Early Years Sector by:
- Creating a pay scale of salary in a grade format.
- Creating terms and conditions of employment through an employment contract.
- Creating a minimum requirement of knowledge and qualifications to benchmark a professional Nanny.
- Providing a credible CPD journey to allow professional Nannies to adhere to maintain a certain standard within the industry.
- Establishing a system/register that recognises credible Nannies, similar to Ofsted regulating Childminders/Nurseries.
Providing Regulation would:
- Revise the quality and standard of care in the home-based Early Years Sector
- Give Nannies a scale to work towards, giving them a vision, career path and guidance.
- Give parents reassurance of grades of childcare and value for salaries offered
- Safeguard children
- Increase general safety of Nannies while working in the industry and children being cared for
Proposed Minimum Requirement of Professional Status:
- A recognised childcare qualification of study of at least 1 year-e.g. Cache L3 in Childcare/Early Years Foundation Degree
- Nanny Insurance
- DBS Enhanced Certificate
- 12 Hour Paediatric First Aid
Meet the dedicated team of professionals who came together from all parts of the UK to launch UK Nannies Matter campaign:
Helen McCarthy, is a Professional Qualified British Nanny (N.N.E.B) with over 29-years experience as a Nanny, NCS and Childcare Consultant and has worked across the globe.
Helen founded UK Nanny Ltd in 2017 after spending years travelling to the USA to attend Nanny Conferences. Helen is proud to offer the only CPD accredited Nanny Conference in the world.
“I’m overjoyed to be a Co-Founder of the UK Nannies Matter campaign to raise the profile of Nannies in the UK.”
Allie Bell trained at Norland College as a Nanny and has over 25-years experience in the childcare sector. She owns a successful and award winning nanny and maternity nurse agency in London and is passionate for raising awareness of this campaign, driving the Nanny Industry forward to a professional status.
TOGETHER NANNIES ARE STRONGER!
Laura Hellfeld is a Nurse Educator and has been in the health and wellness sector for over 15 years. As the founder of KoKoPie Families in North Yorkshire, she focuses on uplifting children’s mental health and is dedicated to supporting Autistic and neurodivergent children.
“As a concerned parent and as an advocate for vulnerable children, I am passionate about education for Nannies and the safeguarding of children.”
Maria Culley is a professional Early Years Practitioner and qualified Nanny, who joined UK Nanny Ltd in 2018. She has 15-years experience across the childcare and education industry in the United Kingdom, Australia, Philippines and Barbados.
To Stay Up-to-Date on the Campaign:
Facebook | UK Nannies Matter Campaign
We have a growing list of policy makers, businesses, and professionals who have pledged their support of the campaign. If you or your business would like to also join our support team, please do get in touch.
Why attend Childcare & Education Expo?
Join over 2,500 like-minded individuals from the early years & primary sector who are dedicated to improving their practice and their education settings.
Attend educational seminars to credit your CPD
Meet the experts to have your questions answered
Receive fantastic onsite offers and discounts
Experience expert-led informative hands-on workshops
Network with peers and industry players
Pick up hundreds of new products, resources, ideas and services
And most of all, enjoy a great day out with your colleagues