The Blend of Leisure & Childcare by BALPPA
2nd June 2017
Share this entry:
BALPPA (British Association Leisure, Parks, Piers & Attractions) has over 300 members and represents the interests of the UK’s commercial leisure parks, piers, zoos, visitor attractions and family entertainment and indoor play centres
Across the sub groups within the membership, childcare provision is becoming a new income generation strand that many are investing in. From large theme parks, farm parks to small independent play centres members are seeing the benefits of including childcare within the services that they offer.
Childcare models and organisational structures used to bring the Childcare element into the leisure organisations are many, including:
- Recruiting relevantly trained staff
- Retraining existing team members
- Third party childcare provisions taking space at the attraction
- Partnership working between a Childcare Provider and Leisure Organisation
Leisure Attractions are recognising that the benefits to improve their organisations strength and stability, with the benefits are many fold for both the organisation, staff members and the local community that frequent the attraction. Benefits include:
- Utilising excess space at the venue
- Reducing quiet business times – throughout the day and seasonal times
- Robust regular income – reducing fluctuation in trading peaks
- Attract recruitment opportunities for qualified staff
- Development opportunities for existing staff
- Additional marketing to existing customer base
- Benefits for attraction members and staff
- A childcare setting with additional benefits for the families and children
Nursery setting within our members leisure attractions can offer play, educational and other opportunities that may not be easily accessible within a standard nursery setting. Proximity to the facilities within the leisure attraction enable the nursery setting to access these with ease improving value for money for the families using the setting.
A few additional benefits include:
- Attraction settings can provide unique learning opportunities
- Attraction settings are modern and forward thinking
- Attraction staff tend to be highly interactive staff
- The Attraction will usually be marketing on a constant basis to its customer base therefore the nursery setting can communicate more frequently with parents
- Access to Special Events held by the Attraction throughout the year.
With many members already hosting a nursery setting at their attraction other members are investigating how they could benefit from blending ‘early years with leisure/play’. Childcare Expo provides all BALPPA members an opportunity to investigate and learn about the Childcare Sector and for other leisure operators that are attending but not BALPPA MEMBERS we can offer you a membership saving unique for meeting us at Childcare Expo 2017. Email: email@example.com or tel: 07706945529 for more information.
Meet BALPPA on stand F54 at Childcare Expo Manchester.
Click here to register for your free tickets to attend Childcare Expo Manchester on 16th & 17th June 2017.
Why attend Childcare Expo?
Join over 2,500 like-minded individuals from the early years sector who are dedicated to improving both practice and their childcare settings.
Attend educational seminars to credit your CPD
Meet the experts to have your questions answered
Receive fantastic onsite offers and discounts
Experience expert-led informative hands-on workshops
Network with peers and industry players
Pick up hundreds of new product ideas and services
And most of all, enjoy a great day out with your colleagues